Monday, January 26, 2015

week 59

Well ,yeah. Sorry about last week haha. That was a pretty terrible letter.

This week was much better then the previous, so I have a bit to talk about. The FHE groups are going awesome! We again had the one in Kekana and we started the one in Temba. Powerful! A total of about 25 people between the two, that's over double the amount of people that come to church each week from our area! We are trying very much hard to not do anything besides get them started; we now have local members taking up the weekly organization of it. We have two more we are planning to establish; hopefully we can get that worked out over the next few weeks. 




Keamogetswe is doing really well, we have just a few last things to wrap up with her and then she will be interviewed this Friday to see if she is truly prepared for baptism.  I'm confident that she is and I very much look forward to it. She knows the gospel well, and her testimony is about 10x stronger than mine at the time I was baptized. 


Besides that we have a few new investigators, but since we do not know yet if we are closing the area or not, we are not trying too hard to find new ones. It appears we are about to drop about 5 people, which makes me sad, but they just are not doing anything. 

The funeral for Brother Nhlapo was quite wonderful. Funerals here last a week. 99% of the time the burial is on Saturday  and the nights leading up to it there is a memorial service at the dead persons house. We went Thursday and Friday then also Saturday. It was pretty awesome, lots of singing, lots of stories. Oh yeah, and about 1000 people show up because there is free food haha. Exciting. 

I found out I can do scholarships and FASFA when I get home in November, so my goal of going to college next January is still alive! I'm quite excited for that to be honest. Not sure how it is going to work out, but hopefully it does! 

But yeah, that was my week. 

Love y'ah all lots. 

Elder Kelly McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment