Monday, September 14, 2015

week 92

I got the news Saturday that I'm being transferred Tuesday back to my first area, Seshego. I'm going home! And then in six weeks I'm going home home! It feels like I will be there now now. (Adding an extra word adds power to what you're saying...kind of. Like if someone says they will be there now, expect to wait for an hour, but if they say now now it should be within a few minutes.) Also I've been asked to be a District Leader and follow-up train. Last six weeks, might as well be hectic haha.

I very much hope my package gets here, it would make my life. Today is going to be hectic, I think 3... or maybe 2... people are feeding us. Plus we have to do most of the normal stuff.

Tomorrow is transfers, so that will be fun. I'm the only one I know that will finish in the area they started it, I'm quite excited for that. Already know all the members and the roads and such. I'm quite sad to leave Attridgeville so soon. There are some truly amazing people here and we were supposed to have a baptism this Sunday! Darn. It should still happen though! We just won't be here.

Oh, I forgot to say Attridgeville is merging with another area so my companion and I are both leaving. It seems I'm either sent to an area to speed the work up, or finish it up so that it can be closed. It has been a terribly tiring ordeal! President Dunn even told me when I left Nelspruit that the balance of my mission would be spent reviving areas that were extremely unproductive and it seems he was on key with that one.

Yah know, my first year I was in just two areas and this past year I've had five so far and as of Tuesday it will be six. It makes me sad I haven't gotten to spend the time in other areas that I did in Nelspruit and Seshego, but it is amazing to see what the Lord can accomplish given a few short weeks and a (most of the time) willing heart. Alma 26:12 is coming to my mind: "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."  Yes, I'm aware that they spent years out and about, but it is still applicable as far as I'm concerned. God is pretty darn good at getting work done.

Well, it is now time to pack and clean, so I'll send some pictures and move on!
Bishop and family

Sister Ouma and me

Stella, Colyn and me

Stella, me and Phindale

Love, Elder Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment