Monday, September 21, 2015

week 93: back in Sashego

Well, basically, everyone said the same thing when they saw me: "You've lost weight!" Which I suppose is a good thing haha, it is definitely better then the alternative. Unfortunately, a few have made it a goal to get it all back on me in the next 5 weeks. I can't remember the last time I was fed so much.
 
Coming back wasn't exactly what I expected. I had about a two minute conversation with each of them and then I didn't know what to say and it was a bit awkward. I suppose the best part was to reconnect with those I helped baptize. All of them, besides one, are still coming to church. The one that isn't is due to health reasons. I guess that means I did something good while I was here last. 
 
I'm starting to feel nervous. I'm pretty excited to be done with my mission, but not so excited to come home. I already had one friend offer to sneak me into Mozambique haha. I'm toying with the idea of going home just long enough to make the money to come back. I already have some job offers here. One is working in the mines as a welder and the other is working as an armorer for a private military contractor that operates out of Somalia. The latter is quite tempting as it has always been my dream to play with guns for a living, but Somalia isn't exactly the nicest part of this earth. I don't know. I still don't like change. Or making big decisions.
 
I know I'm out in the boondocks again because I nearly ran two baboons over the other day that were fighting in the middle of the road. I like it here. Well, except for the crime and pollution. Besides that it is quite nice.
 
Hmm, well yeah. That's about all I got. Sorry, but my thoughts are currently elsewhere and it is difficult to come up with things to say. My companion wakes up a lot at night and writes in his journal so I'm pretty tired. P-day is the one day there is time for a nap, so I am going back to bed.

On Fridays we play basketball with some of the township kids. Funny times!


Love,
Elder Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment