Monday, June 23, 2014

week 28

Well, this week was not quite as easy as the last. We worked super hard, but since we are in an Afrikaner and rich black person area, the successes have been minimal. We did manage to pull out 15 lessons this week though, 4 more then the previous week. I'm again finding myself drawn to the less active work, so beginning tomorrow we are going to start tracking people down and finding out what their status is.

We have one young woman prepared for baptism and she will be taking the plunge this Sunday! Her name is Shanella, she is from Zimbabwe and is currently here staying with a member.

We are working with quite a few other super hopeful investigators, and the area is slowly picking up; we did have 3 investigators at church on Sunday.

Friday night me and my comp had a bit of a fight. He assumed that we could find no males to take to lessons the following day. I told him if we did not have said males, the lessons would have to be rescheduled. He said no, I said yes. Luckily, the white handbook (missionary rule book) was on my side so I won. I proceeded to find all the members we needed to be able to have all of our scheduled lessons. If I was not as humble as I am haha I definitely would have said "I told you so".  

Not a whole lot to report.... Oh wait. Yes there is!

The best part of this area is the service we get to give! Tuesday of last week we went to sister McCarty's (she calls herself mama Africa.) Our task was to take machetes and wack our through the bush and then cut down 30-40ft trees with the machetes. Sounds awesome right? Well right from the get go we hit an obstacle. We first had to go and get tools out of a shed... infested with black mambas. Hmm, in case you are unaware, a black mamba bite (depending on size) will kill a grown human in 4-10 minutes. Yes, this service was going to be sweet. We got the tools and ran out of the shed about as fast as we could and then proceeded to the bush. It was at this time we learned that the bush also had black mambas in it. Fetch. Well, after manning up a bit I took my machete and begun clearing a path to the first tree. I cut it down, then proceeded to the second, and so on and so forth until all of the trees where cut down. This was a great experience, kind of.

I had to go to the doctor the other day for my ear. It was all jacked up. Not sure what was wrong or how he fixed it, but I can now hear better then ever. All I remember from the experience is that it was super painful.

I'm pretty sad, due to my current assignment I'm not going to be able to attend the temple for nearly a year unless something changes. Seven months of that year is already over, but it'd be really nice to be able to go.

Not sure what else to add to what I've said, I hope all is well!

Love, Elder McClellan

1 comment:

  1. There is never a dull moment with this boy! I love his perserverance though.

    ReplyDelete