Monday, May 5, 2014

week 21: life is sweet

Alright, so this week was pretty sweet. Basically what we are focusing on is our less active and inactive members. We are right on the verge of becoming a Branch (small congregation) and at this point reactivation is more critical it seems then conversion, though we are still finding new people to teach. We are having amazing success! Got quite a few LAs at church this Sunday! Wooo! That was awesome to see.

So right now in my flat its me, Brasher, Haynes, and Deichman. I love these guys, we get along so well! Having a blast with them. This morning for companion study we were not really feeling it so we decided to have a flat hymn hour, it was awesome! We sang all of our favourite songs, the spirit was super strong.

Not a whole lot is changing to be honest, though I am having problems with a recent convert whom we baptized in March. She has got a hankering for Elder McClellan it seems. She enjoys touching and pinching and doing all sorts of other unspeakable things I wish would not happen to me. Unfortunately she discovered our phone number last night. This is turning into a fiasco. I hate it. We may just have to drop a RC... that's kind of an awkward thing to do!

Honestly not a whole lot is going down right now. Last Monday I convinced the ZLs (Zone Leaders) to let me drive the 3 hours to a transfer I was supposed to go to but didn't really need to go to. That made me super happy, got to see all my mission buddies.

After a month and a half break I decided to finish Jesus The Christ. What an amazing book! It has a ton of amazing insights and info that help one to understand the technicalities that are occurring while reading through the New Testament.

Hmm right now Skrillex is playing in the shop. I like it lots.... but I guess I probably shouldn't :(

We are going to the game reserve today, we hear there is now a baby rhino there! So what must we do? We must chase it! :) And no this is not mean, he is still the size of a car haha. Also Elder Deichman has never seen any of the African animals, so we are going to show him the ropes! Oh yeah, fun fact. We recently learned that this reserve we run around in quite often has leopards and hyenas.... fun stuff. Also, hyenas are more dangerous than lions...just so you know, haha. And yes, they really do that laughing thing like in Lion King. I hate that as well.

Well, I'm pretty darn proud of Joe, good work kid. Don't worry about what haters say, Mormons gunna Morm, and that means choosing the right! John 15:18-21 "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own:  but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me."

Not a whole lot else to report, but uhm yeah. Life is sweet. :)

Love,
Elder McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment