Monday, May 11, 2015

week 74

So I guess I am being transferred on Tuesday. I really hope that I go back into the middle of nowhere, I like it better than the townships. I will probably be in a car again, which is good and bad. I really love mountain biking, but most of the areas in this mission are too dangerous or spread out so they put people in cars. The work here has been slow. We are continuing to try to find and support inactive members.

I haven't really been thinking about home, but my Mission President told me that next time we meet he wants me to have a plan for when I get home. Now I think about it all the time, and I can't believe how fast time is going. They say that in the mission field the days are long but the weeks are short, and it is true. Not going to lie, I am excited to get home. I'm not quitting early, I am going to work really hard the next six months. But I am looking forward to getting back. There are things I took for granted, like having electricity all the time. Also, people talk about racism in the U.S., but it is nothing compared to South Africa.

Something I've been thinking about is obedience. People say "on your mission you have to do this" or "you have to do that" but that isn't true. You don't have to do anything. But you will be a lot happier if you do. Life is like that. We can do whatever we want, but if you break the commandments, or just live for yourself, you'll end up being miserable.

My testimony of the Book of Mormon continues to grow. The other day I was in a bad mood and didn't feel like doing anything. So I just started reading. I read for a long time, and when I stopped I felt better.

Well, that's all I've got. I was going to write a spiritual thought but I forgot it at my flat. Happy Mother's day to all the moms who read my blog.

Love,
Elder Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment