Monday, June 29, 2015

week 81: big changes!

Well, this has been a bit of a crazy week haha. Its kinda like I got dropped on my head. I'm still sick, but its not so bad anymore, I just think the virus likes me and doesn't want to leave. And yes, as of Wednesday I will be part of the Botswana- Namibia mission which is crazy haha. Two years ago when I had the dream I would be in Botswana I was pretty darn sure of it, then my call came to South Africa (just months after Botswana left this mission) and now I'm being reassigned haha. I'm kind of at a loss for words about it to be honest, and the feelings are pretty crazy. Like, I've been in Johannesburg for 20 months. All the people I've grown to love are here, most of my friends are staying behind. Its hard. At the same time I'm extremely excited for what the next few months will bring,. Funny thing is I don't even know If I will ever make it to Botswana, with 4.5 months left they may not be able to get a visa. Part of the Botswana mission but odds are I'll never see it. I'm sad and happy and a bit angry. I find it amazing that Heavenly Father prepared me for this two years ago, he told me I was going to be in the Botswana mission. He has some pretty darn good foresight.


I feel like a brand new missionary again. Everything is starting over, but I have very little time on the clock which is a bit discouraging. I wish I could stay another year now, but that's pretty much impossible. 

As of now I'm staying in Kwa Guqa. The northern part of the Johannesburg mission was absorbed into the Botswana mission, and this area is part of that. 

Its pretty cool, Elder Cook (the Area President) said all of our names were sent to the First Presidency and they prayed about who it should be that would change missions, and they choose 36 of us out of 180. 

(photo of missionaries who are moving to Botswana Mission)

(At the farewell luncheon with Sister Dunn)

Here is some info on the Botswana mission: There are 4 missionaries in Namibia, 7 in Botswana, and now somewhere around 40 in South Africa. There is 1 assistant and 2 sister missionaries. Yeah. Its a small mission covering 3 countries. Awesome!

I really hope I get to go to Namibia before I go home, from what I hear its one of the most beautiful places in Africa. 

Also, the chances of me coming home in October are a lot slimmer. I'll most likely be home in December now. 

I'm at a pretty comfortable point on my mission, but as of Wednesday everything is changing. I don't really like change, but I'm taking a lot of comfort in this promise the Lord gave: D/C 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

That's about all I got this week. My head is still spinning a bit about all of this; I'm sorry if what I wrote didn't make sense.

Love, Elder Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment