Tuesday, July 21, 2015

week 84

Well, the hike last week was awesome to say the least. I suppose it was more of a walk then a hike, Africa is kind of flat... but we saw some awesome sights and a bit of wild life. I'd send pictures, but the computer I'm using surely has viruses on it, so I don't want to plug my camera in. Today we are going on another hike, and it actually is a hike this time. The church owns a mountain on the other side of Pretoria, so we are going there, and afterwards we are going to an African shop and I'm going to trade my old worn out things for stuff I can bring home.

It is kind of cool, they are splitting our ward and making a new branch. This is just a couple of weeks after they made a new stake and a half dozen or so wards in the Pretoria area. The work is really moving forward! Not so much in our area unfortunately, but as a whole it definitely is. We are struggling right now to help a whole bunch of less active recent converts. There was a string of missionaries a few transfers back and they baptized anyone and everyone. One of them is even a witch doctor. I just don't understand some people.

Anyways, let's see here. I have an email in to President Wilson, I'm trying to figure out when I'll be home. They keep going back and forth and such so it has left me a bit confused. All he said was"Elder McClellan- Hooray for you!" ...what does that mean haha? Well this is awkward and I'm still in the dark. Awesome.

I've pretty much given up on BYU- Idaho. Of course that leaves me with a problem, there ain't really anyone to date anywhere close to where I live, but I guess that doesn't really matter. I'm too poor to pay attention so I most definitely don't have money to spend on women. In fact, I'm still kind of in the mind set that the more I spend on women the less I have to spend on guns and things that won't disappoint me.

I've been working out a bit lately. When I came on mission I wore XL shirts and now I'm down to medium. Pretty great. Unfortunately that means none of my stuff fits, but Africans don't understand the concept on having things fit properly, so no one really cares. Now I think I actually need to stop losing weight and start gaining it though. But I'm kind of lazy, so we shall see.

I have either 14 or 20 weeks left. I'm hoping for 14 to be honest. I'm getting tired haha. I'm still thinking about joining the army, at this point its mainly just to get back out of Manson once I get home. I'm sure my desire to date will return soon enough and I'm pretty sure any girl worth thetime of day has left for university since I've been gone. The stake is forever away. So yeah, it may be best if I just get out of Manson again. Still praying about it though. In fact, if I came back here Icould be married within a month haha, for some odd reason there are a fair few women who have shared with me their interest. And now that I have rambled on to the point of writing what seems tobe a decent length email I feel content. I'd share more about the area, but its just been disappointing lately since no one seems willing to do anything to help themselves.

Also, there is a good chance I wont be able to email next week. I'm kind of out of money. So yeah. If you don't hear from me don't be worried or anything. I'm just poor.

Love, Elder McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment