Monday, September 1, 2014

week 38: baptism!

Dun dun dun dun! We had a baptism and it went absolutely amazing! Sister Nelisiwe Mdluli (Nelly) was baptized by Elder ah Wong as I had hoped and this Sunday shall be confirmed by the one and only me. Pretty excited for that, I don't really like getting wet, it just makes me miss swimming, but confirmations are outstanding to perform. The Spirit that is present is just amazing when they take place. 


It appears I have been made the conductor. The last two weeks I have conducted the baptisms in our branch and President said I would continue to until someone else was found haha. Last week was pretty terrifying. President Dunn was there and so was an audience of 100 people. That, combined with the fact that I had never conducted, left me with a tiny feeling of inadequacy. Apparently I did well because president Dunn complimented me on it and I have now been assigned to do it each time. 

This past week was pretty darn good. 6 weeks have passed since I got elder ah Wong as a companion and we have managed to average 16 lessons a week compared to the previous 9 or so (if I remember right) and have had a steady increase of investigators at church. Everyone from President Dunn to the zls (Zone Leaders) have commented on how well we are doing, so that's sweet. 

Not sure what else to report. Uhm. Really everything was pretty standard. 

Last night we did have the most amazing lesson with a new father led family we contacted about a week ago. He is Jehovah Witness and she attends another church, but man were they open! We managed to show them some Mormon messages and everything. They were pretty darn impressed it seemed. They have amazing potential and I'm so excited to be able to spend the next 6 weeks helping them to come unto Christ through the restored gospel. 

I'm sorry, but as for time it's kind of short. 


Love, elder McClellan  

No comments:

Post a Comment