Monday, March 30, 2015

week 68

Well, in Selcourt fashion, that one person we found last week has not seen us since. The work here is hard. I no longer feel bad for anyone called to serve in Europe.

Let's see here.... highlights of the week... I was sick. I got an eye infection.  I nearly got murdered by a semi, he dun cut the corner. Fun times in Selcourt, haha. We did manage to get six less active members and one investigator to church. That was impressive.

My companion is being transferred so I'll be getting a new one Tuesday. And I can almost promise he will be white. A member told me the other day, "If we get a black missionary... I'll let him in the yard... but I'm not sure about the house." South Africa is the most racist place I've ever been. And it goes both ways. Fun times. The other day a black dude said he was going to stab me because I looked at him wrong, to which I replied, "Come, I will beat you." Directly translated, I told him I would "lightning" him. Pretty powerful haha. He didn't try to stab me. I'm much more patient than I used to be, but I no longer take crap from anyone. It's pretty nice to be honest.

Uhm. Yeah, that's my life. 

Oh yeah by the way, the first guy I baptized will be attending the temple for the first time this month and I got permission to go. Pretty darn happy.

Hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment